Saturday, July 21, 2012

Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick Deep- Dry Topcoat


I recently decided to invest my $8.00 worth of CVS coupons in a really decent top coat polish.  After a little research, I ultimately decided on  Orly Sec 'N Dry Quick Deep- Dry Topcoat .  Orly’s mechanics of simultaneously penetrating layers of polish to dry nails quickly and leave them with a protective finish intrigued me. 

I was super psyched to have a quick dry polish in my collection because truthfully, I’ve never tried one before.  (My nails NEVER dry fast enough for my liking and I hate having to put my day on pause).  I eagerly ripped into its cute pink and lavender box to examine its contents; a 6 FL oz bottle with a purple soft grip topper.  I applied my Quimica Alemana base coat, followed by 2 coats of Elle (my hopeless addiction) and topped it off with 1 coat of the Orly. 

It had a very potent smell and its brush was on the slim side but, still covered evenly.  After about 5 minutes I lightly touched my nail and while no polish actually came off on my finger, it still caused a wrinkle.  I could see that it had started to harden but was not done.  I decided to put my nails in front of my little fan on and off sporadically for 3 or 4 minutes intervals.  Ultimately it took about 20 minutes for my nails to dry completely.  While it didn’t dry in seconds (like I had hoped) this was still acceptable to me.  I was pleased that after 20 minutes I didn’t have to be concerned about dents, smudges etc. and I could get on with my day.  It left my nails with a smooth, glossy finish that went over a week without chipping and maintained an eye catching luster.  All in all I’m thrilled with the results and being formaldehyde, DBP and toluene free make it a healthier choice for your nails.  I intend to explore more of the fabulous Orly collections.     

Retail: $7.99   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...