Monday, February 3, 2014

Exclusive: face The Beauty Event Presented by Jackie Gomez

 
 
 
 
I had the opportunity to attend an exclusive event here in NYC: face The Beauty presented by celebrity make up artist Jackie Gomez .  The evening was full of yummy cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, not to mention a first hand look at some of Jackie's top pick beauty products!   
 
 
smashbox Halo Long Wearing Blush in Blissful
 
  

 Retail: $24.00
 
This is gorgeous, richly pigmented color that is probably best for darker skin tones.  I'm very light skinned and have to use the minimal amount or its too heavy.  You turn the dial top to literally shave particles off the blush from underneath which is kind of cool.  It eliminates the chance of breaking and ruing the blush should you accidentally drop it.    
 
 
 
 
 
tarte's lights, Flashes, camera, statement mascara
 
 
Retail:$23.00
 
tarte's mascara was by far my favorite pick of the night.  Not only is the packaging completely glamorous and luxurious looking, but it does a really awesome job of adding both volume and length.  It never smudged off or ran underneath my eyes, and best of all-- no clumps!!  The removal process wasn't super difficult but I definitely had to follow up with some make up remover after the soap and water.    
 
 
 
 
 
Essie's nailpolish in Belugaria
 
 
Retail: $8.49 (varies)
 
Even though I'm a sucker for a deep, dark polish, I wasn't totally in love with this polish.  Not sure if it was just the bottle I received, but it was rather thick and kind of clumpy.  The glitter particles in it were rather large and quite frankly, made them a little tricky to apply.  Also, because it came out so thick, it ended up chipping off within just 2 days. 

 
Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner
 
 
Retail: $23.00 

Ohh this liner is aMAAAzing.  I have so many pencil liners but not many liquids for the simple fact that I'm not exactly a pro at applying them.  But this one is went on so smoothly that it made it super easy to guide the line (almost) exactly where I wanted it on just the first try.  I'm excited to start really working with this baby!
 
 
L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow in Good Luck Charm
 
 
 Retail: $6.00 (varies)
 
L'Oreal is one of my two favorite drugstore brands!  This compact has some luscious warm colors that happen to work very well with my (light) skin and each help create a lovely natural glow.  These compacts are great because they even come with an eye chart on the bottom to help suggest where each color should be applied to your eye to create the most striking look.
 
 
 
Maybelline New York The Elixir Color Sensational Lip Gloss in Dashing Orchid
 
 
Retail: $8.99
 
This is a fabulous gloss.  Its probably the first one I've tried that literally does feel like velvet, and I have to say I was pretty surprised.  Its the first one of its kind that I've tried and its packaging confused me.  Before I opened it I actually thought it was a lip stick.  Its deliciously creamy but not sticky.  The formula feels pretty light and wear a fairly long time.  It goes on with a glossy finish but seems to leave behind more of a stain.  overall its ideal for a bold, vibrant type of look.
 
 
Garnier Cleansing Towelettes
 
 
Retail: $5.95 (varies)
 
I have never tried the Garnier Towelettes but I have heard positive things about them.  These are great because they are always good to have on hand for those lazy days when you don't feel like washing your face, or if you're pressed for time and need a fast way to freshen up.

 
 
fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil

 
 1.7 oz Retail: $50.00 
 
I LOVE this oil.  I used it for the first time one evening and noticed an immediate difference in the morning.  My skin felt smooth and looked slightly less tired and dull.  To me the scent is no different from other argan oils, but this one blends seaberry, cranberry seed, camellia seed, grapeseed, and sweet almond, along with restorative omegas to help promote a more youthful appearance.  It recommends 1-2 drops (which I thought sounded light), but 2 drops turned out to be plenty.  I've since added it to my nightly regimen, and just gently message it in after washing my face.   


 
 
Another introduction to some of the industry's top picks for the season and all are relatively affordable.  Have you tried any of the above products?  Are there any you are interested in?  
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...