Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Palais des Thés Tea For My Office

 
This winter has been a pretty brutal one and unfortunately it's not over yet!  But if there's one thing I can't help but indulge in this time of year, it's savoring a nice steaming hot cup of delicious tea.  NYC is known for its hectic atmosphere and I for one can always appreciate sitting down to work with a tasty warm treat at my desk.   
 
 
 
 
I was introduced to Palais des Thés at a past beautypress event and couldn't resist sampling a cup of their steamy hot delights .
 
 
About Palais des Thés :
 
Created in Paris in 1986, Palais des Thés is a brand of premium tea that offers all-natural signature Flavored Teas (“Les Créations”), pure Single Estate Teas, and exceptional, limited edition “Grand Crus”. Founder François-Xavier Delmas has been touring the world’s tea plantations for 27 years, forming long lasting relationships with suppliers in order to bring the best quality teas to his customers. Delmas and his associates at Palais des Thés are also the authors of The Tea Drinker’s Handbook (Abbeville Press), and Delmas blogs about his travels here.
 
 
 
 

Retail: $38.00
 
 With four new box sets to chose from including: For the Morning, For the Brunch, For the Office and For the Evening, I just had to snag a box of My Tea For the Office to stash away inside my desk.  This set is geared for those who need a little TLC while putting in a long day at the office or just want a soothing reward for a job well done.
 
It contains flavors:
 
Darjeeling Margaret's Hope- Himalayan black tea
The du Hammam- Green Tea with berries
The de Sources- Delicate green tea with mint & bergamot
Blue of London- Earl grey black tea with bergamot
Fleur de Geisha- Japanese cherry blossom green tea
The des Alizes- Fruity green tea with peach
 
 
 I'm a huge fan of tea, especially for those times I want to relax or unwind, but the beauty of this box is that you can call on it for a nice boost of energy too.  Some of you may recall my brief mention of my struggle with exhaustion due to health reasons, so it never hurts to have a little pick me up tucked away.  Every flavor was delicious, but my personal favorites were The du Hammam and Fleur de geisha.  I fell partial to their fruity scents and loved the aroma once fully steeped.  They're light and delicate, and became my go-tos first thing in the morning after I arrived at work because they seemed to leave me with a sense of calm.  (My commute isn't the greatest) and these flavors in particular helped me feel soothed and ready to start the day.  
 
Darjeeling Margaret's Hope and The des Alizes were exactly what I needed come mid day.  These two packed a subtle punch for those times when I felt like I was losing steam.   
I noticed that when drinking these teas, I didn't need any extras.  Usually I'll add a drop of honey or a splash of milk. But each was so nicely flavorful that they didn't call for anything more then a pinch of sweetener (depending on your preference). Each box comes with 38 whole leaf tea bags.  Its a really lovely collection of teas, and each flavor proved appropriate for anytime of the day. 


Available at:
Palaisdesthes.com
And two locations in New York City:
 194 Columbus Ave on the Upper West Side & 156 Prince Street in SoHo.
 
      
 Stay up to date Palais des Thés on: 
 
                                                                           Twitter 
Facebook


Are you a tea lover?  Are you interested in trying Palais des Thés?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...