Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My New Ombre Look

A few months ago I reviewed (and loved!) the latest "Feel My Hair" collection of hair products from celeb stylist Angela Cosmai.  Having been featured in Vogue, Allure, and Glamour, Angela is a well known colorist-contrarian with high end cliental including some of Hollywood's biggest celebs.  So when Angela herself contacted me and invited me in for a service, of course I said yes! 
 
Angela owns the fabulous Angela Cosmai Salon in Stamford Connecticut, but also puts in time at the Pierre Michel Salon here in NYC, which is where I met her for my service.  Like we all should, (and probably don't) Angela puts hair health first and foremost by embracing the concept of subtly and the "less is more" approach.   
 
For a while now I've been contemplating the ombre effect but was a little reluctant.  I noticed that most of those who don the glorious ombre look are usually photographed with either straight hair or some nice barrel curls/waves.  Not so much the ringlets like yours truly.  Even though I wear my hair straight, I don't always have time for a blow out and will settle for throwing in some gel. Bottom line, I was on the fence.  But after learning Angela's attitude toward the dramatics, I knew she would be the perfect stylist to let try it.
 
Let the magic begin!!
 
 
My natural color and length before anything was done:
 
Pre- Magic
 
 
 
We discussed adding some blond to my ends and to a few pieces around the front to frame my face:
 
 
 
A bit of blond, a trim, a blow out and some barrel curls later.........................................
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ta-da!
 

I loved the end result!  It was just enough to be noticeable and create a softer look, without being too harsh or damaging to my hair.  Loves it!!  Overall, a really pretty effect.
 
 
 
 
 
Book your appointment:
 
Angela Cosmai Salon
1026 High Ridge Road
Stamford, CT 06905
Phone: (203) 461.8252
Hours: Tues- Sat 9AM- 5PM
 
Or
 
Angela is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays at:
Pierre Michel Salon
135 E 57th St, New York, NY 10022
(212) 750-3660
 
 
 
 
Get more on Angela Cosmai: 
 
 
 
 
     


1 comment:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thank you so much for the comment, I love them and read every one! Hope you visit again :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...